Sunday, May 14, 2017

Teaching and Service

Its good to hear that you and the family are doing well. My teaching is still not the best, but I hope its getting better. They have been trying to include me with the lessons and I have been doing ok, but not as good as them. We have a few that we are teaching and its going well. No one is close to being baptized, but we are hoping for better in the coming weeks. I still am not able to drive yet. It takes a while for anything to go through at the mission office, plus it makes it harder since the one in charge of the cars was released and the Mission President is sick. Other than those things, the day has been good. We just had 2 big storms that had passed through and we had been protected from them both. My studying is going well. I finished the Book of Mormon a little while ago and I restarted and got to 2nd Nephi chapter 9. I don't really have any spiritual experiences from the past few weeks that I can share right now, but I have a surprise for you that might help. You will be able to see it next week and I will tell you what it is on Sunday.  I will call around 2:30. I am sorry that I won't be able to talk to Dad on Sunday, but I might be able to Skype with you later in the day. At least Dad gets to pick me up on the 6th of next month. I have been getting along with Elder Gubler well, he is ok. Its funny though because he looks like Nicolas Cage. We have been doing some service lately for the Ward Mission Leader, Brother Torres. He needed help cutting down a tree and we try to go to a donation place called the Action Center.

It would be nice if you could send some CD's with some music to me. Alex said he would get me songs, but he has been too busy with work to send me anything. My mission allows things like Trek and Joseph a Nashville tribute. Anything that has to do with the church or has the logo on it. Something lively would be nice, most church songs that I have been listening to have been putting me to sleep. You can send also talks on disk like some from Troy Dunham or John Bytheway, anything like that would be good.

 It is great to hear that both Ben and Collin will be advanced in the Aaronic Priesthood and be able to start blessing the Sacrament soon. I hope to be able to do it with Ben when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment