Monday, March 20, 2017

Elder Butler's First Week and A Letter from the Mission President

Hi Everyone,

My first week as a missionary was good. I got to meet the Mission President and was invited into his home for the evening along with the new elders. The Mission President is a great guy and follows the rules closely. I have mostly been taught things pertaining to how to teach and the basic rules of the mission. I met the ward yesterday and they are great people and some of the people here in Denver are nice (even though most smoke weed). I serve in a car mission, but we still do a lot of walking. I serve in the Mountain View Ward.  Living a humble life of a mission has been fulfilling and I feel better about myself each day. All week last week and most of this week the ward has signed up to feed us except for tonight. We plan to go to a restaurant that gives free food to Elders named "Chubby's". My new companion is named Elder Holland (not related to the apostle).  He is from California, he is reserved, responsible, and is going home in April. I like the quote you included of Gordon B. Hinckley about when things get hard, "Forget yourself and go to work."  I have a scripture for you about that witch is in Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” I plan to send a package today and I hope you get it before next Monday. I love you all and I will talk to you later.

Elder Butler and Elder Holland at the Denver Temple

We also received a letter and some pictures from Josh's Mission President today.  I have included them below.  

Elder Butler with President and Sister Gifford






No comments:

Post a Comment